• August 19, 2017, 05:02:21 AM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Why not say "Hello!"  (Read 31533 times)

Offline Adrian0401

• Rookie
    • https://www.linkedin.com/in/adrian-evangelista-88473b52?trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile_pic
Re: Why not say "Hello!"
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2016, 03:27:32 AM »
Hello Everyone!!!

Newbie here fellas! Just want to know more about IT Infrastructure and build network guys!

thanks!

Offline Adolfo

• Rookie
    • adolfo zameza
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 07:04:21 PM »
Hello Everyone

I am a "renew" Avaya Certified Network Enginner.  In 2001 i was Lucent Cajun Campus Networks Certified Enginner (in fact, these was my first network certification)

after that, i was working with cisco, extreme, 3com/Hw/HP gear implementing, supporting and designing networks for voice, data, video and collaboration.

Now life bring me back to Avaya and i am a brand new ACE Fx engineer but little experience in fabric networking (only the certification lab and one customer network) but with great expectations about this technology.

I am reading you with a lot of interest, learning about the avaya universe and vision for the market.

if any one have interest of being ACE FX o ACIS Networking Certfied, please contact me, surely i can help you with tips and help.

please if you have technnical issues, be patient with me, i donīt have much expertise with nortel-avaya swithing gear jajaja but i will dominate soon or later.

This is a great community, i am glad to found you guys, and Michael your blog rocks, i been reading you all afternoon at office, if i can do a collaboration text, please, let me know!

Cheers buddies.

Adolfo Zameza

Mexico City.

ACE Fx 00314
« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 07:10:47 PM by Adolfo »

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »
Hi Adolfo,

welcome to the forum.
Thanks for your detailed introducing.

I am curious to hear more about your ACE-FX certification.
maybe you can share some of your experience with the certification process with us.

Thanks
Dominik
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline Adolfo

• Rookie
    • adolfo zameza
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2016, 09:34:36 PM »
I am curious to hear more about your ACE-FX certification.
maybe you can share some of your experience with the certification process with us.

Thanks
Dominik

Hi Dominik nice to meet you, sure...

first, let you know it is form an Avaya partner perspective, i dont know if this cert is open for the public in general.

You need to have to mid to high expertise in networking and a least basic knowledge of Avaya Networking Gear.

i extracted from Avaya Learning Site the next Info and next to it, you will found my comments. all Prices are in my local currency MX Pesos.

www avaya-learning com

Prior taking the ACE - Fx course (7501C) start with pre - assessments

Web Based Assessment   7580A Data Networking Basic Knowledge Pre-assessment 1.50 hrs MXN 0.00

Web Based Assessment   7581A Avaya Networking Fabric Products Basic Knowledge Pre-assessment
 1.50 hrs MXN 0.00

Recommended training for those who don't pass the 7580A - Basic Networking Knowledge Pre-Assessment is a basic Networking curriculum such as Comptia Network + and CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-006) or equivalent.

Recommended training for students that don't pass the 7581A - Pre-Assessment Avaya Networking Fabric Product Basic Knowledge Web Based Course 7510W Product Basics for Avaya Fabric Networking Solutions 10.00 hrs MXN 3,213.31

in fact 7580A are a diagnostic of all your TI knowledge, cover from servers, applications, Traditional telephony, radio communications, and obviously basic networking topics like ip, tcp, routing protocols, etc... does not are a must to pass, but is a must to present ok?... i failed it... a lot of not networking stuff... bah. it generates a score report by topics so if you found a weak networking area it is a yellow alarm to consider.

7580A, 7581A, 7510W are REQUIRED and I Recomend to study and master this topics because these are the fundations of the new Avaya Networking Certifications.

this web based courses, pre-assesment and assesment covers the HW and SW details of the AVAYA networking gear, the diferences between firmwares BOSS (ERS Family) vs VOSS (VSP Family) and introduces the concept of Fabric.

After successfully completing the pre-assessment tests attend the ACE-Fx training and successfully complete both exams to earn the ACE-Fx credential. Note - At the completion of ACE - Fx (7501C) instruction students will complete the proctored hands on practical Avaya Fabric Networking Lab Exam (7582X), and the ACIS - Avaya Fabric Networking Exam (7590X), in the classroom. Both exam durations are included in the 40 hour course duration.

Instructor Led Course 7501C ACE - Fx 44.00 hrs MXN 22,760.93

this 7501C ACE - Fx are 5 days instructor lead course. For Americas, it is avaliable only at Miami Avaya Office.

4 days are expended with ppt slides digging all about Shortest Path Bridging, details and aplications for it and Avaya implementation on both BOSS and VOSS plataform and all afternoons doing labs about the topics disussed in the morning.

the 5th day is the hardest day... all or nothing, you have 2,5 hours to complete 7590X (web based exam - pearson managed) 3 if you are non native english speaker :D,   after a 40 min lunch break start a and 3.5 hours hands on exam, in fact it is to build from a scratch a SPB Network based in a exam format provided at the begining and complete 5 objectives. You also be provided with a cheat sheet with the comands, white sheets and a pen.

it is hard due to the amount to info provided but if you have a solid networking base, you only need to masterize SPB and the labs.

i taked it with 5 more attendees, non native english speakers. 4 passed at Miami

5th one failed web based exam, i think due language barrier but passed later at his country.

all engineers are mid or senior level at his companies.

all attendees dominate more than me the avaya stuff jaajaja

i am not the one who failed in Miami, i swear it  8) 8)

all the info

If you pass 7590X web based exam achieve ACIS LEVEL

If you pass both 7590X and 7582X hands on exam achieve ACE - FX

this complete all Install and Delivery Networks Certification.

Next Step is doing the Support Path. I dont know if it is avaliable at this time, there is some courses in the catalog but i donīt have investigate yet.

Offline Dominik

• Global Moderator
    • Networkautobahn
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2016, 06:25:24 PM »
Thanks Adolfo for the detailed feedback.

The ACE-FX sounds like alot of Fun in Miami :)

Congrats on your ACE-FX certification.
Itīs always the networks fault!
networkautobahn.com

Offline Adolfo

• Rookie
    • adolfo zameza
« Reply #95 on: September 19, 2016, 02:05:05 PM »
yeah, beautifull city Miami, and very interesting traning.

my wife also enjoy the city, the places, the beach and of course the shopping malls... :'(

:P

than you Dominik

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2017, 11:49:10 PM »
Welcome!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline Adolfo

• Rookie
    • adolfo zameza
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2017, 02:21:08 PM »
thank you Michael.

Offline Henrik W

• Rookie
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2017, 03:05:12 AM »
Just popping by to say Hello and dig for more information.

Recently got a hold of an 1140e which I've been trying to get to work with our current SIP, which I truthfully are not sure is possible but if there's a will there's a way!

I am a lowly techie working on a hospital, only 3 techies atm so, lot more than just answering the phones tho, kind of like a Jack of all trades. We are currently in the works of removing all our old phones in favour of IP-phones.

(No, not Avaya in general, rather a Mitel solution if I've understood it correctly, company bringing it is called Solus)

Will shortly be posting a request for help in setting up the 1140e!

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2017, 10:39:21 PM »
Welcome Henrik!
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!