• November 16, 2018, 08:15:30 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: IPv6 Internet?  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
IPv6 Internet?
« on: July 06, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »
Just curious, but how many people have ISP's that actually offer IPv6 service to your home?  With the exhaustion of IPv4 I was expecting to see more of an increase in ISP's starting to offer IPv6 service with IPv4.  But here in Canada there is only one small ISP I can see who actually supports IPv6.  How about elsewhere?

Offline Michael McNamara

• Administrator
    • michaelfmcnamara
    • Michael McNamara
Re: IPv6 Internet?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 07:12:53 PM »
Better late than never...

In the states Comcast is the only provider in my area (Northeastern United States) that I'm familiar with that's offering IPv6 to both residential and business connections. Verizon still isn't offering IPv6 on their DSL or FiOS connections.
We've been helping network engineers, system administrators and technology professionals since June 2009.
If you've found this site useful or helpful, please help me spread the word. Link to us in your blog or homepage - Thanks!

Offline Telair

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 03:52:34 PM »
Well, looks like that's it.  No more new IPv4 addresses left in North America.  It's only a matter of time now till everyone's private IP stashes are exhausted and then IPv6 uptake will have to skyrocket.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/09/24/arin_ipv4_interview_ipv6/

Offline jamessunday

• Rookie
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 03:43:46 AM »
maybe it depends on the develpment of the local networking industry.

Offline Jeremy

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:33:36 AM »
Better late than never...

In the states Comcast is the only provider in my area (Northeastern United States) that I'm familiar with that's offering IPv6 to both residential and business connections. Verizon still isn't offering IPv6 on their DSL or FiOS connections.

Hard luck for me. :/