• October 21, 2017, 01:26:16 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Registration is free.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: ARP and fdb Problems on Dual 8310 with MLT/SMLT Config  (Read 135 times)

Offline Carolina

• Rookie
ARP and fdb Problems on Dual 8310 with MLT/SMLT Config
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
Here is a brief description of our topology and the issues that we are having:

Topology:

SW1 --||--- SW3
  ||      ||       ||
SW2 --||--- SW4

I have 4 switches: two Notel 8310 (SW1 and SW2) that are logicaly one switch and two Nexus Switches (Sw3 and Sw4) that are logicaly one switch.

The two 8310s are connected via IST and running MLT with SMLT, interconect via MLT5/smlt5 with two Cisco N9Ks that are vPC peers. The Nortel switches are using a protocol similar to vPC.

I have servers connected to Sw3 and SW4 on vlan 1. The Nortel switches are the L3 gateway for VLAN 1. Servers connect to SW4 are reacheable from any network point, but servers connect to SW3 are not. For those that are connected to SW4 I just can ping it from SW1 but not from sw2 or any point of the network.

I can see that on SW1 and SW2 i have arp and fdb entry via MLT5 for the servers that are connecteded to SW4, but for the servers that are connected to SW3 i have arp and fdb entry via MLT5 on SW1 but not on SW2. On SW2 the arp entry is learn via MLT1 (the MLT that interconnect Nortel Swithes for the IST) and i have not fdb entry for those host.

I try configuring a static MAC on Nortel switch 2 to be learned by MLT5 and the ping works correctly.

It seens like SW1 is learning correctly the arp and mac address for ther servers that are connect to SW3 but for some reasons Sw2 is not.

In conclusion, arp and fdb entry for servers connect to SW4 are learned propertly on SW1 and SW2 via MLT5.
Arp and fdb entry for servers connect to SW3 are learned propertly on Sw1 via MLT5 but not on SW2 causinf service affecting (on SW2 i have not fdb entry and the arp entry is via MLT1).

Please Help!!

:)